The program of the Inside Self-Storage World Expo 2022 seminar
When talking generally about setting and achieving goals, people often say things like “I have to be on the right track” or “I have to stay on the right track”. They see themselves as being on a path, and walking away from it invites danger and perhaps mission failure. A track keeps you focused and gets you where you want to go.
When self-storage professionals go to conferences and trade shows, they usually have three main purposes: to meet people, buy things, and learn things. A key element in achieving the latter goal is attending timely and relevant seminars. Whether a person is obsessed with investing, building, owning or operating, themed education sessions lead them successfully to their final destination. This is why the program of seminars of the Universal Exhibition of Indoor Self-Storage (ISS) is organized into complete tracks!
This year’s event will take place April 19-22 at the Mirage Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas and, as always, it has an extremely solid schedule. Our six seminar streams – Construction, Innovation, Investment, Management, Property and Protection – aim to meet the learning needs of all participants. Whatever your role in the company or your level of expertise, you will find information that meets your needs. If you’re looking to be successful in self-storage, ISS World Expo will get you there.
Each year, the ISS teaching team develops a brand new seminar program brimming with new content. We keep our finger on the pulse of the business, listening to our readers, authors, speakers, advertisers, exhibitors, sponsors and other supporters to uncover the issues that cause industry professionals the most pain. We keep a close eye on the community to see what is important and our listening ear to hear what people have to say. We absorb as much feedback as possible and use it to create the training sessions people want the most.
This year, our 42 seminars are taking place on April 20 and 21. Each lasts 50 minutes and is moderated by a respected expert. Some presenters are well known to the ISS public, while others are new to the exhibition scene. All bring years of experience in the trenches and in-depth knowledge. Here’s a sample of topics you’ll enjoy in 2022.
Building. This segment is constantly evolving and there is a lot to learn.
- Breaking down barriers, building bridges: getting municipal support for your self-storage project
- Let’s talk frankly about self-storage construction: materials, timelines and budgets
- Learning From Mistakes: Lessons That Can Save Your Next Self-Storage Development
- The Self-Storage Conversion Process and the Art of Adaptive Reuse
Innovation. Find out how the industry is embracing technology, new tools and change.
- Technology you need to use in self-storage today: what you gain by adopting and what you lose by skimping
- Switching from traditional self-storage to automated self-storage… It’s simpler and cheaper than you think!
- Don’t waste your virtual real estate! How to Optimize Your Self-Storage Website
- The culture of virtual convenience: the innovation of customer experience in self-storage
Invest. Self-storage has become a hot product. Familiarize yourself with finance and real estate.
- Refine Your Pro Forma Self-Storage: Honest Examples and How to Achieve Real Return on Investment
- From Mom-and-Pop Store to Business Consolidation: Pros, Cons, and Strategy for Self-Storage Owners
- Unlisted Bliss: How To Find & Make Money From Off-Market Self-Storage Deals
- Thrive in Inflation: Maximize Your Self-Storage When Everything Costs More
Management. The self-storage operation has never been so complex. Get the right insight to excel.
- Changing the Psychology of Self-Storage Rentals: A Tiered Approach to Unit Pricing
- Better Leads and More of Them: Matching Your Self-Service Storage Marketing to the New Customer Journey
- Zero Tolerance for Rent Loss: Self-Storage Collection Strategies and Compliance
- The Complementary Advantage: Current and Emerging Profit Centers to Increase Self-Storage Revenue
Ownership. The sea of competition is rising. Keep an eye on the weather on the horizon.
- Establish and Refine an Operating Budget: The Financial Plan You Need for Successful Self-Storage
- Harness the power of tax breaks to improve the form, function and energy efficiency of your facility
- Being a Convenient Self-Storage Owner: Why It’s Good to Stay Involved in Daily Business
- Reading your financial story: interpreting income statements and other self-storage financial statements
Protection. It requires attention. Get information to protect your property and your people.
- Wild weather ahead! What Self-Storage Operators Should Be Prepared For
- Busting the Baddies: A Complete Guide to Self-Storage Crime Prevention
- Court Rules: Self-Storage Legal Matters and What They Mean for Your Business
- Modernize your self-storage rental contract for a post-pandemic world
Get and stay on track
Of course, the ISS World Expo offers much more than seminars. It also offers eight in-depth workshops, an opening speech, four open-forum question-and-answer sessions, dozens of panel discussions, supplier presentations, eight hours of product and service exhibitions, a facility tour, a buyers and sellers meeting, and more. Whatever your self-storage goals, we’ll help keep you on track.
Registration is now open and early bird discounts are in effect until February 25. Get the details on issworldexpo.com. Join us in Las Vegas and let us put you on the right track!