Media Sales Director – Pedestrian Jobs
Who are Scouts:
We are home to some of Australia’s most trusted, recognized and popular publications including Australian Geographic, Junkee, Punkee and AWOL. We bring wonderful stories to Australians that connect, inspire, inform and entertain. Whether it’s a film on climate change, an in-depth dive into Ukraine, a fun guide to fashion or an explainer on the indigenous voice in parliament, everything we let’s create is premium, respected and amplified. We defy the normal. There is always a better way. And we always do our best to find it. We hope you join the adventure.
Do what you love, with Scout. We are looking for a Sales Manager with a passion for digital publishing and Australian culture. We don’t just sell advertising solutions to our clients and partners, we help them develop creative solutions to tell and share their stories with our very valuable audience.
What you will do:
- Provide continued leadership to our dynamic and hardworking sales team.
- Define sales strategy and drive quality execution for agencies and brands.
- Have a solid understanding of the media landscape with a particular focus on Scout’s activities, banners, brands and products.
- Develop and foster high-level relationships within media agencies and directly with clients.
- Achieve sales budgets and provide accurate revenue forecasts – work with the team to plan strategies and solutions to achieve quarterly goals.
- Work with the team to generate new business opportunities with agencies and advertisers.
- Be a contributing member of the senior management team – identify strategic opportunities, propose solutions, work on opportunities and challenges with a business, operations and new product development focus.
- Maintain high levels of communication and transparency with Scouting Service Leaders.
- Lead by example by being brilliant on the basics. Ensure the team is accurately managing pipeline, revenue forecasting, and sales activity using CRM for maximum efficiency and visibility.
- Identify development opportunities for the team, ensuring high employee retention.
- Promote teamwork, collaboration and open communication within the team.
Minimum of five years of experience as a group sales manager or similar.